Blonde. Finance. Blogger. British Expat in Bellevue (Jun17)
Has dogs, eats food, drinks tea.
It’s that time of year when you can drink all the hot chocolates and marshmallows! I just need people to go with (and places to go!)
No filter (and tbf, it’s a bit blurry) but look at this view! I’ve been here 4 months and still have to pinch myself that I live here.
Hello! I thought I would share a few things that you might not know about me…because why not!
1. My name is Hayley, I just turned 34, and I am originally from Chester, UK. (Yes, as in Hollyoaks.)
2. I am married (which is still weird) since March 2017 but (as you can see in the last post!) we have been together for 8 years. Alex makes me laugh everyday, even when I am trying to do a srs face. (*Especially* when I am trying to do a srs face)
3. I studied Business Finance at university in Aberystwyth which were the best 3 years. You probably know other Aber grads, we get everywhere!
4. I moved to Bristol in 2008, and it was the best decision I ever made!
5. We moved to Bellevue in June this year for Alex’s job. We live close to the lake in a pretty little neighbourhood which is very different to anywhere I have ever lived before!
6. For the last 6 years, I have worked in accounts, and have the first CIMA qualification (which I gained a week before the wedding…not only did I get married in March, but I also got more letters after my name and passed my theory test!) I’m currently a “housewife” which is weird.
7. I used to ride a little scooter when I was 16, took driving lessons at 17…but didn’t actually pass my test until 6 weeks ago in the US! (continued in the comments!)
Happy 8 years together, @aghowells! This year has been crazy (married and moved around the world within 6 months!) but there’s no one else I would want to do it all again with! 💜
We’re not at Cribbs, Toto.
New favourite thing on a Saturday - bit of a swim, bit of hot tub and then cocktails and snacks in the restaurant with @aghowells! (Btw this jumper is in stock in most sizes on ASOS again - I panic bought this in the size above which is a comfy fit but my normal size would have been better!)
Happy birthday to me! If I can't be with my friends, at least I can eat a ridiculous cupcake, right?
First birthday away from home, it was so lovely to wake up to a ton of messages!
Not a fan of this smoke, but very much a fan of this view.
Unexpected trip into the city today means doing errands here (including UPS misspelling my name so badly, I wondered if it was on purpose) and eating my first Top Pot doughnut. So good!
Our box o'stuff made it to the other side! 2 months without a lot of our things does make me think about ditching a lot of it...but it's also quite nice to have familiar things back! (I'm pretty sure I don't need 3 cake stands though!)