On this beautiful Thanksgiving day, I want to deeply thank everyone who helped in the Keeping The Journey Alive event last weekend. This event took months of planning and hundreds of people played a role in making it a roaring success. //
• Thank you Carolyn Briski for being an incredible event organizer and managing a whole team of volunteers.
• Thank you Sandra Jones for managing a silent auction and raffle that became far larger than we originally anticipated.
• Thank you Jon Lou and Nick Lidster (aka The Money Team) for flawlessly processing all of the credit card transactions that night.
• Thank you Johnny Noris for securing several amazing and star-studded auction items.
• Thank you Donavon Frankenreiter, Finn McGill, Kelly Slater, and Rob Machado for generously donating your surfboards to the cause.
• Thank you Kelli & Christian DeMent for creating great signs for all of the auction items.
• Thank you to The Saline Solutions for providing the live music.
• Thank you Beckie Webster & Curt Rice for sponsoring the delicious taco bar.
• Thank you to the Mellor & Moorehead families for baking tons of tasty cookies.
• Thank you to the McWilliams family of San Pasqual Winery for donating cases of great wine.
• Thank you to the Suda family of Clear Image Glass for providing cocktail tables and party equipment.
• Thank you to Bird’s Surf Shed for providing the perfect venue.
• Thank you to everyone who donated an auction or raffle item (well over fifty people).
• Thank you to everyone who participated in the auction, whether online or in-person.
• Thank you to everyone who purchased an event ticket and traveled from near and far to devote their Saturday night to supporting Orion.
• Thank you to everyone who couldn’t attend but still purchased a ticket anyways to support Orion.
• Thank you to everyone who invited their friends and shared messages of support. //