Dreamer, dancer, storyteller, chef. For inquiries plz just yell really loud outside maybe I'll hear u. Or send an email.
2 mouthwatering meals 🤤
1. Finally used the duck thighs we froze some weeks back. Render fat out of duck in pan
2. Potato prep: garlic, onion, salt, pepper, herbs (thyme and oregano) , duck lard
3. Place duck in tray with potatoes then deglaze the pan with sherry. Careful it sputters 💦💦💦 then stick in oven for just over an hour
4. Yum! This wasn’t as juicy or as tender as the breasts, but still super yummy
5. Fennel , zucchini, lemon salad to go with it
6. Goes really well with the duck cuz the acid cuts the fat
7. Good man
8. Salmon , pumpkin, pasta
9. Best !!!!!!!! 10. 🥂 good times 🥂
A very cold week in Guangzhou
1. Last day 😃
2. Huang zu ge ge part 2
3. Every China trip is an opportunity to brush up on my mandarin ! So far I have learnt: pu er muhn jio dian (Pullman hotel - super important for when all your mates want to go out for dinner and you just want to go back to the hotel aka every night) , xing ba ker (Starbucks), wai di kaaaa (foreign credit card). This trip shifu lulu taught me: fan qiang jiang (ketchup)
4. Always try to go to China with an open mind but by the forth day I’m usually like , jaded and done. And just want to go back to order room service .
5. Favourite meal : Chicken congee , grilled okra , borsch , and fruit platter . In bathrobe.
6. “Whaaa really very G leh”
8. Factory visit 👀 who bears the real cost of cheap fast fashion?
9. Plum wine
Scott and I always end up going to the same few places and ordering the same few things we usually order — a combination of laziness and 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it.' But we did try 5 new places last year:
1/2. Tapas Club: we had the steak, some fish thing, a soup, and churros for dessert. My favourite was the charred brussel sprouts that came with the meat. Everything else was pretty meh. We haven't been back since bcuz La Tapería is still our favourite tapas place in town 💃🏻 3/4. Db Bistro: I really wanted to eat a lobster roll for some reason. So we came here and I had my lobster roll and was pleased as punch after. I haven't wanted a lobster roll since, so we haven't been back. But if you are in the mood for a lobster roll, this one did it for me. Also, the Bloody Mary here is ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 5/6. Katanashi An: this place is on Boon Tat Street, near Scott's office so he comes here quite often. It was my first and only time there. Japanese food is tricky bcuz we can't help but compare it with Akashi...... it wasn't bad, but it wasn't Akashi !!!! The dessert was a little strange, not what we were expecting.
7. Aburiya: Akashi doesn't do BBQ so we went into this one with an open mind and had quite a lot of fun!
8. Clinton Street Baking Co. & Restaurant: Scott ordered the chicken sandwich and I had the beef burger. Rookie mistake bcuz we make darn good burgers at home. And everyone around us ordered the pancakes which looked really good 🤤 spent most of the evening having food envy. We seriously contemplated ordering the blueberry pancakes for dessert but were too stuffed. Now we have a reason to revisit
2. Whisking cream cheese in Japanese clogs (my mum told Scott not to walk around the house barefoot lest he lose his heat to the earth)
3. Cutting fruit
4. Upset his crust didn't turn out the way he wanted it to
5. Tidying crust
6/7. Putting it together
Went to watch a man cut a big tuna on New Year's Eve. And then ate some of it
🦆el pato🦆took the legs and breasts off and then made soup with the carcass. Got a good load of lard from that 😋 froze the meat .. have had both breasts so far. Super super super yummy.
1. Skin side down on the pan, render fat out and drain it off as it comes out (takes about 5 minutes)
2. When skin goes crisp, add butter and herbs (we used oregano and thyme)
3. Flip it. Then baste baste baste baste baste
4. Then put it on a tray and cover with foil before sticking it in the oven. (200C for 5 minutes)
5. Take it out . Let it stand for a bit. Slice and enjoy with big dollop of mustard
Ps - use rendered fat to cook vegetables
Showed Scotty all the good stuff around my office
1. I didn't know what ban mian was until @pearlxwang brought me to this place ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Scott unfortunately didn't get it.
2. Scott not getting it
3. The only ice cream place. Scott didn't get this either , "I think I like Venchi better" errrr... snob.
4. I was super excited for Scott to try the nasi Padang from here bcuz Scott LOVES nasi Padang and this is da best nasi Padang in tai Seng !!!!!!! But I could tell from his face he prefers the one in the basement of Taka cooked by the PRC ladies who love him and give him extra chilli but also occasionally rip him off and charge him like, $7 for one serving of mutton hahahahha .................. 🤷♀️🤷♀️🤷♀️
5/6. My favourite peanut cake !!!! Scott didn't get it either but by this point I was already like 🤷♀️🤦♀️😒🔪💣🔪🔪🔪🔪so I just whacked both pieces like a boss
7. Scott in his natural habitat enjoying his $40 Asia Square pizza and sprouts
Christmas projects for 2017 ✨
1-4. Delicious feast
5. Damien playing rock version of This Old Man
6/7. Carpet commotion (sound on to hear me scream at Scott to pick a carpet cuz he was not picking a damn carpet )
8/9. Mum giving out her pomegranates of abundance and blessing
Cooking for two is tricky. We always end up having to eat the same thing for like, the next 10 meals 😫 ••• Zapallo 🎃 - our fav cuz they keep very well and are cheap and make good substitute when we are lazy to cook arroz 🍚(most days). We just grill with sal y pimienta y aceite de oliva . One day Scott shaved Parmesan onto it 🤤🤤🤤 ••• Pescado 🐟 - protein wise we are usually quite good at mixing it up but the carne 🍖 y pollo 🐔 didn't look good so we kept buying fish. Batang in a tomate salsa , red tilapia grilled with limon 🍋 y ajo (garlic), batang again (cheapest fish at the supermarket 😉 eat local!) , grilled salmon (hate it when it's skinless, but sometimes we are lucky to find it with skin 🤗) ••• Fennel and zucchini salad with lemon 🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤