[If you’re bored and interested] Here’s my 2017 highlights:
1. Women’s March in January, first bit hope after the election.
2. My 30th Birthday! Whatevs.
3. Every moment with Miss Eleanor Aleman, who turns out is a super fun and funny person.
4. First time to Cinque Terre, Italy. Longest beach day of my life (7 hours).
5. The Camino - my biggest highlight, I might post about it someday if I can find the words. #322km
6. Paris for two days before the Camino with RyMo, Paris expert. Basically ate the best food of my life.
7. My twin bestie had a baby @caitlinmangels and she’s beautiful and healthy.
8. First ever family backpacking trip to Point Reyes.
9. New Orleans girls trip, non stop fun and amazing food!
2017 low lights appropriate for social media sharing - when the president defended white supremacy, banned Muslims from the entering the country, and signed a tax bill that mainly helps the 0.01% and lied about it.
I press on to 2018, aiming to love God and others more and Moore❤️❤️.
Had a great Christmas in Capitola! 🎄🎁 Thankful to my parents for always putting on a wonderful Christmas. And grateful to RyMo for cooking most of the Christmas dinner, including our family’s first ham and apple pie!
This year’s Christmas wrap—metallic with bright greens and red! My favorite form of holiday perfectionism 😬. 🎁
Ballet/The Nutcracker is a thread in the fabric of my life. I danced ballet for 15 years before I left home for college, and performed in 15 Nutcrackers. Seeing The Nutcracker nowadays brings back feelings of both anxiety and thrill. Ballet shaped me as a kid/teen, and it’s both fun and hard to revisit those memories.
But today was a whole new Nutcracker experience by going with RyMo who’d never watched a ballet before. Loved seeing his eyes widen during some pretty incredible pirouettes! Also so special to see it for the dozenth time with my mom and dad, who gave me the gift of ballet to begin with.