Throw back Thursday to our very first instagram post and recipe! #theCDD
Our first recipe post. Enjoy! Provencal Tomato and Goats Cheese Tart
1 pack of ready rolled Puff Pastry
3 Tbsp of *Tapenede
Small punnet of ripe Baby Plum Tomatoes
150g of crumbly Goats Cheese
Hand full of pitted Black Olives
Basil leaves to garnish *If you wish to make your own Tapenade:
1 large White Onion
1 large clove of Garlic
1 Tsp of Thyme
3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
150g pitted Black Olives
1)Pre- Heat the oven to 190 degrees. Place the ready rolled puff pastry on a parchment lined baking tray.
2)Lay a dinner sized plate on top of the puff pastry and cut out a round shape.
3) Spread the Tapenade with a broad knife/palate knife on to the puff pastry and leave a border.
4) Cut Tomatoes in half and cover the pastry, apart from the border, with the tomatoes, olives and goats cheese.
5) Beat the egg and with and paint the border of the puff pastry. This will give it a golden brown colour when it bakes.
6) Put tart in preheated oven at 190 degrees for approx 20 minutes. When ready the underneath of the flan should be golden brown
7) Once removed from oven and cooled slightly garnish with basil leaves
*To make Tapenade:
1) Finely chop the onion and garlic. Sweat it in a small frying pan - that is fry on a low heat until soft and without browning. Add the thyme.
2)When cooked put in blender with pitted black olives. Blend into a paste then Tapenade is ready